During my work, I spend a lot of the time reading a screen and interpreting the stuff that is on it. A good solid font is definitely a must-have for me.
I used to be content with a font called “Courier New 10pt”. However , I came across this little gem :
This font “Dina” is freeware, meaning anyone can use it.
The author used the following guidelines designing this font:
- Mono spaced
- Should be easy to distinguish between `j i l 1 I`
- Should be easy to distinguish between `o O 0`
- Operators should line up horizontally `- + * =`
- Brackets should line up horizontally and vertically “
- Punctuation should be clear `., :; ‘ “`
- Symbols used in programming languages should look right `& @ % $ #`
- No other characters that look too similar `gqy z2Z s5S 8B CG6 DO uv`
- Still has to be pleasant to read passages of text
If you use it and like it, please donate to the author who spent time to create this gem.